· To educate students and to enable them to adapt themselves to a disciplined mode of life which will prepare them to be useful
citizens in their future life.
· To inculcate in the students a feeling of mutual help, self discipline and adjustments in the society in which they live and to train
them to live together peacefully in society.
· To facilitate parents to educate their children properly and without anxiety.
All students residing the hostel must fully abide by the Hostel’s Rules & Regulations. Violation can lead to dismissal of the student
from the hostel.
Rules & Regulations:
1. Students who seek admission to the hostel should apply in the prescribed form along with the assurance by their guardians for the
good conduct and behavior of the student during her stay in the hostel, complying with the hostel rules.
2. Every student is required to carry with her hostel/college identity card and produce the same to the authorities as and when
3. No student shall be absent from the hostel during night time without prior written permission from the housemother.
4. Students should not create any inconvenience to other residents of the hostel.
5. Application for leave of absence from the hostel shall be made in advance to the housemother.
6. Residents will make sure that the application is sanctioned before the student leaves the hostel.
7. The housemother has the right to refuse admission to the hostel premises to any one considered undesirable. Guests shall not be
allowed to stay in the hostel.
8. They must ensure that the lights, fans and Air Conditioners are switched off when the rooms are unoccupied. Failure to comply
with rules will make them liable to pay fine of any amount fixed by the College Management.
9. Students are liable to be penalized by the house mother if found any posting or writing on doors and walls.
10. Every student shall keep the room allotted to them clean and neat. They shall take proper care of the furniture and fixture handed
over to them. The hostel authorities have the right to enter and inspect the rooms at any time, even in the absence of students.
11. It is the responsibility of the residents to wash and clean all vessels and plates they use for cooking and eating. Cleaners will only
take away the waste and containers deposited in the waste basket.
12. Students alone are responsible for the safety of their personal cash and valuables.
13. No meeting, parties or gathering of the residents for political purpose shall be held inside/ outside the hostel without prior consent
of the Finance and Administration Manager or the hostel supervisor.
14. All visitors shall have to sign their names showing relationship with the resident concerned in the Student Exit Permit Form
available with the house mother.
15. No student shall exchange her room with another student without the prior written permission from the housemother.
16. Visitor’s hours in the hostel will be on Monday and Thursday only for four hours from 5pm to 9pm.
17. Student, who is going out with a temporary permit, must return to the hostel not later than 10 pm and on Thursday and Friday, they
should return not later than 11 pm.
18. Public phones in hostels are meant for all students. Therefore, students should remember to use them with consideration for other
19. Students who find their roommate(s) missing for more than 48 hours must report them to the hostel supervisor.
20. The main gate/door will be closed daily from Saturday to Wednesday at 10:00 p.m. On Thursday and Fridays, the door will be
closed at 11:00 p.m.
21. Students should sign in daily at 9:00 p.m.
22. Hostel Fees & Caution Deposit are collected in advance for the month. The fees shall be paid for full month in case student stays
less than 15 days in a month, she will be asked to pay half of the amount. The fees will be waived only for annual vacation time for
the students, i.e. for August every year.
23. In case student loses the room key, the Department will deduct its value from the Caution Deposit amount.
1. Students can go outside the hostel in the weekend and holidays only with authorized people.
2. Student going outside the hostel should return before 10 pm. However, on Thursday and Friday; the student can reach the hostel
not later than 11pm.
3. Any delay on returning to hostel on time, the student should bring written proof from the guardian.
4. During the study days, the student should get permission from Student Affairs Officer to go out in cases of emergency.
Visiting timing and hours:
Visiting days will be only on Monday and Thursday from 5pm to 9 pm.
Abuses and breach of the hostel’s rules & regulations by any student will be referred to an authorized person or committee for taking
disciplinary who may attract any one of the following penalties depending on the seriousness of the offence:
1- A verbal warning by the House Mother when a rule is violated for the first time.
2- A written warning from the Honorary Warden if the violation is repeated. Copy of the warning letter will be kept in the student’s
3- Continuous violation of rules will attract temporary/permanent suspension of the student from the hostel and the matter will be
reported to the parent/guardian.
4- If for any reason/s a student is dismissed from the college, she will automatically be dismissed from the hostel also.